In today’s day and age, the cost of living is going up, not down, and people are trying to save money wherever they can.
The problem is that choosing the cheapest option generally means having to compromise on quality. But is that necessarily a bad thing?
When it comes to paying for relocation services, there are cheap removalists. You need to decide what you’re willing to compromise on for their affordable prices and do your due diligence.
Here are the pros and cons of choosing a cheap removalist company and what that entails for your moving process.
When It Can Be a Good Thing to Hire Cheap Removalists in Sydney
- If you don’t have a lot of belongings, particularly large items and bulky furniture that needs to be disassembled or delicate and fragile items, you probably don’t need a very professional team of furniture removalists.
- If you’ve bought your own packing materials and carefully wrapped up all your valuables with the utmost care, you can be confident that they’ll reach their new destination in one piece.
- Plus, then you might not be so concerned about needing transit insurance.
- If you live in a small apartment and don’t have a lot of belongings, it can also be perfectly fine to go with the cheapest option within the moving industry.
- Choosing a removalist company with affordable rates could mean that they’re less likely to stick to a schedule, so if you’re not worried about time, then that doesn’t matter at all.
- If you’re a stress-free person in general and don’t get phased by things easily, then there’s nothing stopping you from going with low-cost furniture removalists.
What Is Cheap Anyway?
It’s important to do your research because when you know the average cost of removalists, you’ll know what ‘cheap’ actually entails.
Removals can be charged according to half-hour or hourly rates or a fixed price that includes the number of bedrooms in the home or apartment.
A local move is usually between $100 and $1000. Long-distance moves of more than 20 kilometres can be over $1000. Interstate moves are generally not charged by the hour but rather, by the kilometre.
How To Cut Costs For Your Move
If you’re wary of hiring the cheapest removalists but still want to save money, there are ways that you can cut down costs for yourself.
- Try to avoid moving on a holiday or Sunday if you can. Many local removalists may charge extra for having to work on those days.
- Try and plan ahead so that you can schedule your move to take place during off-peak times. Trying to move big furniture trucks during congested traffic will take longer, and you could therefore be charged more.
- Do what you can yourself, without having to outsource. Do some research on places that sell the cheapest packing materials and pack and unpack your belongings yourself.
Look for specials. For example, free boxes are gifted to ABC Removalists customers if they pay their deposit a week or more before their moving date.
You Pay For Convenience
If you’re after a move with complete peace, it can be worth it to splurge a little. Here are some extra services that you can add on to the bill for your furniture removals.
- Packing Services: Professional packers are trained in how to wrap items in bubble wrap optimally to ensure their safety. They pack in a strategic and logical way and make lists of the contents of each box. This makes unpacking so much quicker and easier.
- Storage Services: If you need to be out of one house before the move-in date at the new house, you can have a mobile storage unit collect all your furniture and belongings and store the unit at the warehouse until the new house is ready.
Choose ABC Removalists For Good Quality and Value For Money
Once you start doing your research, you’ll come to find that customers love ABC Removalists because we are highly trained and professional – but we also offer exceptionally good value for money.
Our friendly team has years of experience with local and interstate removals, and we tailor our services according to your needs.
If you require furniture removals due to home or office relocations, contact us and we will personally discuss your requirements and come up with a plan of action that suits your budget. Or, you can fill in our online quote form and we’ll give you a callback.
We do removals all over Sydney and will help you take the moving load off your shoulders.
If you’re looking for a reliable business that has your best interests at heart, contact ABC Removalists today.